Compare to the previous weeks (10 sec in 2 weeks) it was more challenging and not just because it was longer animation but we also had to make a more detailed storyboard, concentrate on modeling the sets and props, setting up the lights and render and to record and do the sound design - making a whole Film.
Idea and Story
We already started to work on characters and stories a month before on a weekend with the actor/teacher Philip Watt so some of us kept and developed the ideas we got there. My final idea came only one day before we started the final project (just in time…)
The inspiration was one of my older illustration and the scene I did for the Dialogue (Bandit Hat). Then I started to work on the storyboard which improved every time when I talked about it with Erik and my classmates.
As the story changed or widened I recorded more and more reference videos that helped me a lot in the animation as well. Here you can watch two of them:
I used the Norman rig that I re-modeled. The result somehow looked like me : ).
For the final look of the attic I collected few attic photos then modeled the attic gave a little wooden texture and put a few objects to set the mood.